Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Poppin' Tags

Although the vintage fashion movement now seems to have become oh so hipster and far too mainstream, the movement was and still is a good idea if you ask me. Being very new to the concept of thrift shopping, the few times I have been out vintage bargain hunting, I've had an absolute blast trying on ridiculous things, finding some amazing pieces and even just talking to the store owners. Vintage fashion is an extremely sustainable way to dress yourself since the clothing is essentially being recycled. It means that the articles are given a few extra years to live before they end up in a landfill and that you purchase less mass-produced clothing that is utilizing valuable resources; it's guilt-free shopping! Plus, I think that it is so much cooler to wear pieces that are different and that you are positive have a very interesting story associated with it, even if you don't know what it is. Thrift shopping also means that you are supporting local small businesses instead of large corporations. Pretty cool, right? I definitely hope that this fad sticks around for another few minutes before fading away for another decade.



You might all be really tired of this song but I still absolutely love it. I had to listen to it a few times to realize what it was actually about. 

1 comment:

  1. Thrifting is great - particularly when you are younger and need to save a few dollars but still want to wear variety.
    However, when I visited a few thrift stores in Palm Springs I couldn't find anything that would not take at least two of my paycheques. The clothes were amazing, though!

    ReplyDelete